My dad is in hospital. He's going to have a surgical operation tomorrow. Last week they found out he has a tumor on his bowel. My dad, who has never been ill??? This is not possible! We were all nervous all week long because of the fear the tissue is cancerous... and we were told today that it most probably isn't. I'm so relieved! We'll know more about all that tomorrow after the surgery is over but now I'm sure he will be just fine.
Last few days I've been thinking about our lives a lot. About us as a family - my parents, my brother and me. We've always been very close as a family. Talking a lot about all kind of things. We always laugh a lot and sometimes cry together (we laughed this week as well... though we mostly cried). We've never had financial problems, there were no severe illneses and just few deaths of persons close to us. Even my grandmother, who turned 86 this year, still lives alone and takes care of herself.
- When I was about 10, my other grandmother drowned and her body was never found. Perhaps she commited suicide, but we will never know that.
- My brother once blew up his room and himself when he was trying to make a gunpowder or something like that - his hand was torn apart and he had few pieces of glass in his eyes, but doctors fix him and he was fine in no time.
- I got burned all over my face when I was skiing in high mountains one spring. I had all face covered with bladders - and after some time everything peeled off. No scars left fortunately.
- We had a very serious car crash once - with all 4 of us in the car. Mum's elbow broke, we got few scars and that's it. All of them who later saw our car were very surprised when they've heard we were all fine. And all of them said the same thing - that we should thank the man above or someone else that we're still alive, that we surely have someone who's watching over us. We still celebrate our second birthdays on that day.
- Nina's father left me when I was 6 months pregnant. It was a complete shock for me as well as for my family. I know they suffered almost as much as I did but they helped me a lot to got back on my feet.
Send him your positive energy if you have any left, please! Thanks!