Saturday, July 01, 2006

New Cane






Another quite hot day, although temperatures were supposed to drop a bit. I haven't noticed that; only one afternoon was better as far as temperatures are concerned, but we had hailstorm with strong wind which broke up few trees in front of our building and made a lot more damage all over - in some places hailstones were as big as tennis balls! I was at work at that time and luckily I've missed hailstorm for few minutes... it would be bad to be in the car with huge ice balls falling from the sky! I experienced that once, few years ago when Nina and I were going from our vacation at the seaside. It caught as on the highway, and although hailstones were smaller, as big as marbles, sound was horrible! Nina was crying and I hardly calmed her down. The traffic stopped and what surprised me most was that I saw few people going out of their cars, holding blankets and sleeping bags over cars! How stupid is that??? Ice falling on their heads and they were protecting their cars. I rather pay full insurance and keep myself in safe place when something like that happens!

Anyway, new cane. As I said, it was rather hot, clay really gets sticky and it's really hard to keep a nice form. Some of the pieces were little distorted, but I think the final cane looks prety well. I was not in the mood to make a new cane for central part, so I used the cane I made the other day. I think I have enough of flower canes for now, it's time to figure out something else. And make beads from all the canes I have at the moment, I plan to put them together to make final pieces when I am on vacation. 3 more weeks to go... I can't wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion, how about a nice pendant for a man to wear?

Anonymous said...

Ogledala sem si vse tvoje izdelke. Zelo so lepi, en lepsi od drugega! Ali tudi prodajas nakit? Se ga da kje kupiti?

Anonymous said...

I still think some nice jewlery for a man would be nice, or are you too busy with womens things?
SJ

Roberta said...

Anonymous SJ... I'm working on that, trying to make a nice pendant for a man; I'm having some problems with that, but there are few good results already. For some reason I can't post pics here yet. :))